The Cyber Specialist is a trading name of Caldew Consulting Limited.
Our contact details
1 Trinity Enterprise Centre
Phone Number: 01228 808079
What type of information we have
We use Google Analytics on the website to track users. You can find Google’s data protection details on their website https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
There is also a contact form on the website. This requires you to provide an email address and name so that we can get back to you. These details are stored in our email system for 12 months. When you contact us via this form, we don’t use your submitted details for any other purpose.
We don’t collect any sensitive personal information.
Due to the nature of our work as information security specialists, we may sometimes be given access to other types of personal information by clients to help with our work. Wherever possible, this information is not transferred from client systems. If it is necessary to transfer this information to systems controlled by Caldew Consulting, this will be subject to a separate data sharing agreement.
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Cookies (essential to website operation)
- Cookies (google analytics)
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To send you marketing information that you have opted in to receiving
- To contact you as requested, or as part of our services to your business
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent (for mailing lists). You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by using the link at the bottom of our marketing communications.
- We have a contractual obligation.
What we do with the information we have
Any personal information you give us is used to fulfil our services to your business. This information is not shared with third parties.
Information that we have collected is not used for automated decision making or profiling.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored on our information systems (Microsoft Office 365, UK Data Centres) which are hosted in UK data centres.
We keep your information for the duration of our work together and two years after. We will then remove personal information from our active systems: however, this information may still be held in backups and archives.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access
– You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification
– You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure
– You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing
– You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing
– You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability
– You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113